Monday, October 13, 2008

On being thankful...

Being Thanksgiving, I am thankful for...

...this incredibly beautiful weather, sitting outside on the porch, a glass of sangria, the sound of my daughter playing basketball in the drive and laughing with her best friend, the birds singing, for my beautiful boys sleeping in their beds, for my incredible husband and his love and graciousness, for the cooking and the dinner prep that's pretty much already done, for the memory of my mum and the tears I've shed for her throughout the day, for the incredible colours of the leaves in the trees in my neighbourhood, for my dad and the love and fun and companionship that he has has found with Terry, for my lovely little niece Miss Madeleine and her big, huge, happy hugs, for my sister's new job and all the security and freedom it's given her to have fun and enjoy her life more fully, for the wonderful smells in my kitchen, for my amazingly imperfect home, for my neighbours and the celebration of Jane's 50th, for a job that challenges me and let's me work from home, for my life all told, warts and all, for anapanna and vipassana, for my husband's 10 days away, for my love of writing, for my first non-friend response on my blog!!, for the great music on 103.9FM today that has fully taken me down memory lane, for the chance to sit, for a Thanksgiving in shorts and no sleeves, for the impending excitement of my family coming, for the phone call from my best friend to start my day, for the love I feel, for the blessings I have, for the friends I know and have yet to meet, I am ever so thankful...

No comments: